If you play tennis and want more friends who play tennis, then this league is for you! Sets in the City is a USTA official tennis league organized by The Tennis Club of Rochester, for players ages 21-35. Players of all levels are welcome; matches will be made accordingly based on player experience.
Teams in each of the level brackets will be divided up evenly (levels 2.5-3.0 and 3.5+).
*You can request to be on the same team as friends, but final team divides are up to the coordinator. The number of courts played each week will depend on the number of people registered for each team. Courts will be a combination of mixed doubles, men’s and ladies singles and doubles, depending on weekly player availability.
The fun doesn’t stop after the end of a match. TCR will be offering happy hour specials such as wings, and pizzas as well as specialty drinks such as The Sweetspot and The Royal Smash for players to enjoy both during and after match play
- Some of this will depend on the number of men and women who sign up for the league. We will mostly have courts of mixed doubles, with some men’s doubles (or singles) and women’s doubles (or singles).
- Similar to other USTA leagues, weekly lineups will be assigned by the coordinator.
- All matches will be first to win 6 games (1 set), no deuce.
- If there is a need for a tiebreaker (score 5-5) you will use Coman format-handouts will be available on site.
- Teams with the most individual wins will be awarded a prize at the end of the season party. *Gifts for each player will also be given out at the party.